About Walk MS
Walk MS connects people living with MS and those who care about them. When you participate in this community event, the funds you raise give hope to the more than 400,000 people living with MS in the United States. We’ve been walking since 1988 and to date have raised more than $770 million to support life changing programs and cutting-edge research.
Where your money goes
Every hour in the United States, someone is newly diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system that interrupts the flow of information within the brain and between the brain and the body. To learn more about MS, click here.
There's no cure, but with the help of dedicated fundraisers, research is progressing at a remarkable rate. In 2010, the National MS Society invested more than $37 million to support 325 new and ongoing MS research projects. To learn more about the latest in MS research, click here.
Your donation of:
- $25 can provide yoga and exercise instruction or educational materials to people with MS.
- $50 can provide transportation to an MS club or group meeting for someone with no means to get there.
- $200 can pay for an occupational therapy home assessment for someone having difficulties with daily tasks around the house.
- $300 can maintain the operation of an MS support group for an entire year.
- $400 can pay for a driving assessment for someone needing vehicle modifications in order to remain independent in their community.
- $500 can help pay the rent for a family affected by MS struggling to pay medical bills and other expenses.
- $750 can help people with MS pay for chore services to help with tasks they can no longer handle because of the disease — like shoveling the driveway or meal preparation.
- $2,000 can provide a scholarship to help a young person affected by MS pursue a college education.
To learn more about chapter programs and services, click here.